Table of Contents
See the health of your accounts on the dimensions of Success and Experience
Why you need this report: to help identify the right sales/account-management plays for each account.
- Review the health of customer relationships through a comparison of Success (“relationship”) and Experience (“touchpoint”) rating questions – go beyond the NPS score with net scores for various rating questions
- Select Success and Experience rating questions from two questionnaires for a more holistic view of account health
- Turn analysis into action: the report provides specific actions that can help improve relationships and drive revenue
Getting the most out of the report:
The Account Health Map report shows the strength of relationships with the right people through a combination of Experiential and Success Net Scores (ranging from -100 to 100).
Settings & Filters:
1-For the Success Measure choose a rating question that is either the NPS question or an overall net score.
2-For the Experience Measure choose a rating question that represents a key touchpoint for your business. For example, if Tech Support is a key function of your company then it would be a useful selection for the Experience Measure.
3- Run the report by pressing .
- X-axis (horizontal) = Experiential Net Score = (# High ratings – #Low ratings)/Total Responses
- Accounts that are receiving higher ratings for Experience questions will appear farther to the right along the x-axis
- Rating questions used for the Experience Measure are those related to touchpoints.
- Y-axis (vertical) = Success Net Score = (# High ratings – #Low ratings)/Total Responses
- Accounts that are receiving higher ratings for Success questions will appear higher along the y-axis
- Account Health Map placement
- Accounts that appear in the upper right-hand quadrant of the health map are performing well in terms of the previously chosen Success and Experience measures.
- Accounts that appear in the lower left-hand quadrant of the health map are performing poorly in terms of the previously chosen Success and Experience measures.
- Hovering over each circle [Account Name], Value = [Account Value to 2 decimals], Relationship Net Score = [Relationship Net Score], Experiential Score = [Touchpoint Net Score], Suggested Action = [Action]
- Significance of quadrants [where account circles show up]:
- Upper left-hand quadrant: Improve Experiences
- Upper right-hand quadrant: Expansion Opportunity!
- Lower left-hand quadrant: Account at Risk: Engage!
- Lower right-hand quadrant: Focus on Business Outcome KPIs
- Circle Size = Account Value (Larger circles indicate a higher account value)
- Circle Color = Account Sentiment
- Determined by the NPS or the overall net score for the account
- Green = Mostly positive sentiment (more promoters than passive or detractors)
- Red = Generally negative sentiment (more detractors than passive or promoters)
- Yellow = Neutral sentiment (detractors, passive, and promoters even each other out)
- Gray = Completely silent account (giant red flag as none of the contacts provided feedback to improve their own experience or share satisfaction)
|If Y Axis is:||And X-Axis is:||Action to take:|
|Low||Low||Account at Risk: Engage!|
|Low||Mid||Improve Customer Success (business outcomes)|
|Low||High||Improve Customer Success (business outcomes)|
|Mid||Mid||Focus on Business Outcome KPIs|
|Mid||High||Focus on Business Outcome KPIs|
|Silent||Low||Account at Risk: Engage!|
|Silent||Mid||Strengthen Relationships for Account Expansion|
|Silent||High||Strengthen Relationships for Account Expansion|
|Low||Silent||Improve Customer Success (business outcomes)|
|High||Silent||High Relationship Feedback: Expand!|
|Silent||Silent||Account at Risk: Engage!|
To run this report:
1. Select your Settings & Filters*, including:
- Account Filters: by Accounts, Tier, Region, Sales Rep, Account Manager, Industry
- Contact Filters: by Contacts and Role
- Note: All contacts by role are included in the report – to filter OUT Day to Day contacts, select Decision Makers and Influencers
- Questionnaire Filters: by Questionnaire, Wave OR Start/End Dates*
*NOTE: The filter names are part of a default set and may change during implementation to better suit your company’s needs.
*NOTE: We suggest using Campaigns (“Waves”) instead of Dates for accuracy in including all Non-Responders. Waves are time periods used for sending, managing, and analyzing feedback and assessing change in customer perception over time (similar to a marketing campaign)
2. Run the report by pressing . You can save these filter settings to use across other reports by clicking the button under the “Settings & Filters” heading.
You will see:
- Account Relationship Heat Map: Each circle displayed corresponds to an account:
- Color-coded depending on the overall net score for the account
- Size of the circle corresponds to the account value
- Accounts with more “spend” with your firm will be represented by larger circle
- X-axis (horizontal) shows the Experiential Net Score for that account
- Y-axis (vertical) shows the Success Net Score for that account
- Data Table: Accounts (that were invited to provide feedback), Account Value, Success, Experience, Success Net Score, Success Band, Experience Net Score, Experience Band, Action.
- By default the report is sorted alphabetically by Account Name
- Click on the column names to sort results by highest/lowest net scores, etc. Click on the column header again to change the sort direction from Ascending to Descending. Clicking a third time will turn off sorting on that column.
- You may sort by more than one column, for example, by Account Value first, and then Success Net Score, second, by clicking each column name in the order desired.
- Click on the Account Name to see the X-Ray report (in a new tab) for deeper insights into overall health of the account relationship.
3. To clear the filter set, make sure to do so by clicking on the icon under the “Settings & Filters” heading.
4. To download your reports:
- Customer Heat Map:
- Export as image by clicking on the icon and “Export Image”
- Export as a PDF by clicking on the same icon and “Export PDF”
- Data Table: